The USDA has released its Floriculture Crops Summary for 2014. The full report, including data on production value, number of producers, amount of are...
Announcing the Launch of GrandCentralFloral.com Fun! Interactive! Inclusive! Live-Time! Always Open! A Meeting Place for the ENTIRE Floriculture Trade...
NEW! Buyer + Seller 24/7 Live-Time Community Center Industry News, Education, Tools and Connections Across the Floriculture Trade. Grand Central Flora...
By: Lauren Kays for the Knot We don’t have a crystal ball but we do have our pulse on what’s hot in the world of weddings. From Wild West weddings on ...
A new children’s cartoon series which could soon hit our screens is the brainchild of a Gloucestershire florist. Flora’s World features th...
Bring your garden’s beauty indoors. Zinnias, glads and other flowers can last for many days when kept in fresh water and floral preservativeR...
So maybe you don’t exactly have a green thumb. And maybe the last time you tried to add some plant life to your apartment, you ended up with dead, dri...
The table is set and you’re invited to join the celebration of American Grown Flowers during the 2015 American Grown “Field to Vase” Dinner Tour. The ...
People who are naturally good at small talk are an unusually lucky lot. While they can easily ramble on about, well, anything, we’re stuck brainstormi...
Daily News Feed
- A “waist” of appearances29 July 2015, 9:33 am
In Colombia, the cult of the "faja" reflects a growing trend for women to wear extreme and wired clothing The article A “waist” of appearances appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- The caiman’s “cumbia”28 July 2015, 8:13 am
If Elvis gave us Crocodile Rock, then Colombia the caiman’s cumbia. This species which has inspired music and popular legend is heading towards the brink of extinction. The article The caiman’s “cumbia” appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Kirschberg: the survivor26 July 2015, 9:51 am
From Breslau to Bogotá, Max Kirschberg recounts his years at Auschwitz and how he co-founded one of Colombia's most important businesses. The article Kirschberg: the survivor appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Guatapé: Rock of ages24 July 2015, 9:25 am
Old mule tracks and a giant basalt rock are some of the attractions of Guatapé, Antioquia. The article Guatapé: Rock of ages appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Mob justice23 July 2015, 3:35 pm
Frustration and anger over the due process of law is allowing vigilante justice to prosper. The article Mob justice appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Chicory Is the Cheshire Cat of Herbs26 July 2015, 12:00 am
The nonnative plant is known to open for a single day, and its flowers are bluest for only a few short morning hours, fading rapidly after sunset....
- Planters as Pleasing as What’s Inside Them22 July 2015, 2:20 pm
A new collection from the Seattle-based interiors designer Trey Jones elevates simple terra cotta, copper and steel pots....
- Lasting Art, a Flower Store Where Everything Is 100% Fake19 July 2015, 12:00 am
The shop, in Manhattan’s flower district, carries items including faux flowers and plastic champagne glasses....
- A New L.A. Lifestyle Shop With a Bodega Sensibility16 July 2015, 1:00 pm
Flowerboy Project opens Saturday with the usual range of lifestyle products, plus ample bouquets of fresh-cut blooms....
- Into the Wild With Sarah Ryhanen13 July 2015, 5:45 am
The imaginative Brooklyn florist wanted to grow flowers on her own terms. Long winters, lost crops and a creaky old house aside, it’s worked out perfectly....
- Museum blooms with floral art - Centennial Citizen (registration)29 July 2015, 10:15 pm
Museum blooms with floral artCentennial Citizen (registration)“In Bloom: Painting Flowers in the Age of Impressionism” is being exhibited at the museum, and on the second floor, the main galleries are filled with about 60 brilliantly colored floral still life paintings ranging from the late 17th century to the ...and more »...
- Beyoncé Shows Off Assets In Floral Dress In New York City - International Business Times29 July 2015, 10:28 am
International Business TimesBeyoncé Shows Off Assets In Floral Dress In New York CityInternational Business TimesBeyoncé literally brought traffic to a standstill as she made her way into her office in New York City on Monday. The 33-year-old singer was dressed in a black floral printed pencil dress with a plunging neckline. The form-fitting dress showed off her ...The Floral Dress That's Hanging Pretty in Every Star's ClosetPOPSUGARLook Familiar? Beyoncé Steps Out in Floral Dolce &am...
- More Images Of The adidas ZX 8000 Boost “Blue Floral” - KicksOnFire.com29 July 2015, 8:07 am
KicksOnFire.comMore Images Of The adidas ZX 8000 Boost “Blue Floral”KicksOnFire.comWe have been seeing a lot from the adidas ZX 8000 this year, and up next we take a look at one more. Up next we will be seeing the silhouette come done in a “Blue Floral” make up. This version of the shoe will come with an entirely Blue upper and will ...and more »...
- 'Contained and Arranged' floral designs at the Remick Gallery - Seacoastonline.com28 July 2015, 3:28 pm
Seacoastonline.com'Contained and Arranged' floral designs at the Remick GallerySeacoastonline.com"Contained and Arranged - Floral designs in Contemporary Ceramic Vessels" will be on exhibit from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 1 and from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 2, at Museums of Old York, Remick Gallery, 3 Lindsay Road, York. Cost is $5 per ......
- Taylor Swift's Floral Shorts & Matching Crop-Top: SHOP Entire Outfit Under $100 - Hollywood Life28 July 2015, 2:28 pm
Hollywood LifeTaylor Swift's Floral Shorts & Matching Crop-Top: SHOP Entire Outfit Under $100Hollywood LifeWhile all of her performance looks are sparkly and glamorous, her behind-the-scenes outfits after the show, are the best part. She is always dressed in some sort of matching two-piece set and this time it was a floral shorts look, which you can SHOP ......
- RILA Joins Partnership in Opposing DOL Overtime Proposal23 July 2015, 11:24 am
RILA today signed a joint letter with 42 other trade associations and business groups that comprise the Partnership to Protect Workplace Opportunity to express concern over the DOL’s recently proposed federal overtime regulations....
- RILA Joins Chamber in Launch of Cybersecurity Leadership Council23 July 2015, 10:09 am
Today, RILA announced a partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other leading trade associations in the launch of the Cybersecurity Leadership Council...
- Diverse Employer Coalition Endorses Changes to ACA IRS Reporting Rules15 July 2015, 9:17 am
In a letter sent today, a coalition of 178 employers and trade associations joined together to endorse legislation aimed at providing employees and employers with a more effective means for determining eligibility for Exchange tax credits under the ACA....
- Retailers React to DOL Overtime Proposal30 June 2015, 12:33 pm
RILA issued the following statement in response to proposed new federal overtime rules released today by the U.S. Department of Labor....
- Federal Reserve Governor Calls for “Chip-and-PIN” Technology29 June 2015, 8:50 am
The Federal Reserve, which is charged with maintaining the safety and soundness of our banking system is calling for new chip credit cards to be issued with accompanying PINs....
- Whole Foods to open five 365 locations in 201629 July 2015, 5:42 pm
Whole Foods Market said it expects to open the first five units of its new, smaller format — 365 by Whole Food Markets — in the second half of next year and to double thae number of openings the following year. read more...
- Raley's will leave Kehe for UNFI: sources29 July 2015, 4:43 pm
Raleys Supermarkets will reportedly switch to Kehe Distributors, Naperville, Ill., as its primary supplier of natural and organic foods, trade sources told SN Wednesday. read more...
- Walmart leads 2015 Top 25 Global Retailers29 July 2015, 1:31 pm
A shifting focus toward smaller retail formats and the strong U.S. dollar influenced Planet Retail’s list of the Top 25 Global Retailers, on which Walmart, Costco and Carrefour took the top three spots, respectively. read more...
- Five reasons why nonfoods need a bigger stage29 July 2015, 11:25 am
You don’t have to be in the food retail industry to know many supermarkets don’t consider nonfoods a core segment — but there are a number of reasons why nonfoods need a higher profile. Viewpoints read more...
- Ahold to join CIW 'Fair Food' program29 July 2015, 9:57 am
Ahold USA said Wednesday it has joined the Coalition of Immokalee Workers’ Fair Food Program, and that it is committed to buying tomatoes only from growers meeting the CIW’s labor standards and paying a "penny-per-pound" premium on tomato orders to fund farm worker wage increases. read more...
- PMA Foodservice: ‘Big Data’ is coming to restaurants29 July 2015, 7:00 pm
Technology has arrived in virtually all segments of the U.S. experience, and that includes the foodservice sector. It might have lagged behind several other sectors, but it is starting to catch up rapidly. At the PMA Foodservice Conference in Monterey, CA, in late July, this topic was explored by two entrepreneurs wearing the young techie moniker. Justin Mass, founder and president of Food Genius, and Matthew Ward, director of business intelligence and analytics for Advantage Waypoi...
- Ahold joins the Coalition of Immokalee Workers’ Fair Food Program29 July 2015, 2:30 pm
Ahold USA has joined the Coalition of Immokalee Workers’ Fair Food Program, a partnership to improve the lives of U.S. farmworkers. As part of this partnership, Ahold USA’s companies will only purchase Florida tomatoes from growers who participate in the CIW’s Fair Food Program and expand the Fair Food Program’s standards to farms of participating growers in other states. Ahold will pay a premium on tomatoes purchased from participating growers that growers will pass on to field workers...
- FDA issues import alert halting shipments of fresh cilantro from Puebla, Mexico29 July 2015, 12:40 pm
Four years of cyclosporiasis cases led the Food & Drug Administration to issue an import alert that has stopped all fresh cilantro shipments from the state of Puebla, Mexico, until companies can verify food-safety measures and get on FDA’s Green List. The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention recorded cyclosporiasis cases in 2012, 2013 and 2014 likely tied to fresh cilantro from Puebla, and the same product appears to be causing a current outbreak identified by Wisconsin health off...
- Duda supports 'Sunday Supper' movement29 July 2015, 11:00 am
Recipes made with ingredients from Duda Farm Fresh Foods took center stage at a brunch hosted July 19 at the Food & Wine Conference in Orlando, FL. The Food & Wine Conference is part of the Sunday Supper Movement started by Isabel Laessig, better known as Family Foodie. The mission: To bring families together to share time and a meal together at least one day a week.Duda hosted a brunch featuring a popular family recipes on July 19. Laessig held the first virtual Sunday Supper in ...
- Little Potato Co. launches 'Little Chef' program29 July 2015, 9:00 am
The Little Potato Co. launched a new program to provide tools and tips to make it easier for parents to cook with their kids, sharing new and important skills while having fun together. The program will include a growing collection of “Little Chef Approved” recipes featuring Creamer potatoes, and tips for cooking with kids of various ages at www.LittlePotatoes.com/LittleChef. The program will also be featured through Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, and will invite parents and kids to share...
- Blooming Breeders
- Dutch Association for the Plant Reproduction Material Sector
- Flower Trials
- International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties
- International Plant Propagator’s Society
- International Seed Federation
Florist and Florist Design
- American Institute of Floral Design
- British Florist Association
- Florist Chronicles
- Michigan Floral Association
- Society of American Florists
- Floral Business Magazine
- Florist Review Magazine
- Fresh Produce and Floral Council (FPFC)
- New England Produce Council (NEPC)
- Product News-Floral Marketing
- Super Floral Retailing Magazine
Plants & Horticulture
- All-America Selections (AAS)
- American Horticulture Society (AHS)
- American Nursery and Landscape Association (ANLA)
- American Orchid Society (AOS)
- Association of Horticulture Professionals (OFA)
- Association Internationale des Producteurs de l’Horticulture
- Commercialization of Flowers and Plants in Brazil
- Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Garden Center Magazine
- Greenhouse Grower Magazine
- Green Profit Magazine
- Kid’s Gardening
- National Christmas Tree Association
- National Gardening Association (NGA)
- Perennial Plant Association (PPA)
- Plantscape Industry Alliance (PIA)
- Royal Horticulture Club
- Southern Nursery Association, Inc (SNA)
- Association of Dutch Orchid Producers
- Association of Specialty Cut Flowers Growers
- Belbex Trade Association of Exporting Tree and Hardy Nursery Stock Growers
- International Commercial Orchid Growers Organisation
- International Protea Association
- Italian Board for Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Italy’s National Association for Nurserystock Exporters
- New Zealand Calla Council
- New Zealand Export Growers Orchid Association
- North American Flower Bulbs Wholesalers Association
- Orchid Growers of Hawaii
- Royal Dutch trade association for Nursery Stock and Flower Bulbs
- Royal General Association of the Dutch Bulb Industry
- Taiwan Orchid Grower Association
- Wildflowers Australia, Ltd
- Food Marketing Institute (FMI)
- National Grocers Association (NGA)
- National Retail Federation (NRF)
- Trend Hunter
- Retail Round-Up
- Antalya Cut Flower Exporters Union
- American Floral Endowment
- Brazilian Institute for Floriculture
- Canaries Export Organization for flowers and plants
- Commercial Horticultural Association in the UK
- Dutch Board for Flower Wholesalers
- Flora Hungaria
- Flower Import Trade Association of the UK
- Flowers Victoria
- German Wholesale and Import Organization
- Guatemalan Exporters Association
- International Garden Centre Association
- International Organization of Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Jordanian Association for Cut Flowers and Ornamental Plants
- OFA-Association of Floriculture Professionals
- Pantone Trend Forecasting
- PMA(Produce Marketing Association)
- Protected Cropping Australia
- Report Linker for Floral
- Union of Flower Growers and Florists of the Czech Republic
- Wholesale Florist and Florist Supplier Association (WF & FSA)