Announcing the Launch of GrandCentralFloral.com Fun! Interactive! Inclusive! Live-Time! Always Open! A Meeting Place for the ENTIRE Floriculture Trade...
NEW! Buyer + Seller 24/7 Live-Time Community Center Industry News, Education, Tools and Connections Across the Floriculture Trade. Grand Central Flora...
By: Lauren Kays for the Knot We don’t have a crystal ball but we do have our pulse on what’s hot in the world of weddings. From Wild West weddings on ...
Marigold: This was named after Mary and the color gold. It was once used for healing wounds. Formerly, it was also used as a flavor for stews and maki...
‘Salvia Love & Wishes is a great performer in the garden,’ says New Plant Awards judge Gardiner. Salvia Love & Wishes from Darby N...
GENE COULD BE REACTIVATED TO GIVE SCENTLESS ROSES A SWEET SMELL Breeding over hundreds of generations has helped roses look better and live longer, bu...
So maybe you don’t exactly have a green thumb. And maybe the last time you tried to add some plant life to your apartment, you ended up with dead, dri...
Find out about the exciting features and displays to look out for while you’re at the show This year’s show has three themed zones – Inspi...
I have a confession to make. Years ago, when I began my career at NBC TV, I was tasked with the planning and organization of many star-studded events....
Daily News Feed
- The “El Dorado” football legacy4 July 2015, 10:59 am
With the 2015 Copa America over, writer Stephen Tew reflects on the "golden age" of Colombian football. The article The “El Dorado” football legacy appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Two explosions target Bogotá2 July 2015, 6:53 pm
Two explosions targeted Bogotá Thursday, one just blocks from the Stock Exchange, the other in the industrial zone of Puente Aranda. The article Two explosions target Bogotá appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Butterflies for the frontline29 June 2015, 1:13 pm
The Eloria Noyesi coca-eating butterfly could become this country's substitute weapon in the "War on the Drugs". The article Butterflies for the frontline appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Bogotá: Buskers revitalize the Séptima26 June 2015, 11:41 am
Countering a stigma attached to street performance, a video project brings us closer to the musicians of Bogotá's centro. The article Bogotá: Buskers revitalize the Séptima appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Baita: Mediterranean fare25 June 2015, 12:27 pm
Bogotá's newest Middle Eastern restaurant, Baita, celebrates Israeli gastronomy in a loft-like setting. The article Baita: Mediterranean fare appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- A Mission to Catalog Hidden Life in Central Park3 July 2015, 12:00 am
The Flora Project has documented 200 species of plants in the park, discovering some that were previously not known to grow there....
- A Southern Chef’s Recipe for Pickled Magnolia Petals30 June 2015, 9:00 am
Mimi Maumus shares her process for creating the hibiscus-infused dish....
- Identification, Please21 June 2015, 12:00 am
Learning how to use a field guide can make you feel at home anywhere in the world....
- Beach Rose Thrives in Salt and Sand12 June 2015, 6:29 pm
The beach rose is happiest in nutrient-poor sand and gravel, where it grows three-inch blooms ranging from white to magenta....
- Floral Still-Lifes That Recall Old Masters Paintings11 June 2015, 5:09 pm
Sharon Core painstakingly recreates historical canvases of floral arrangements for her detailed, evocative photos....
- Coronation Street's Brooke Vincent puts on a leggy display in London - Daily Mail5 July 2015, 8:32 am
Daily MailCoronation Street's Brooke Vincent puts on a leggy display in LondonDaily MailAnd Brooke Vincent couldn't pass up a night on the town, as she headed for a first look at the newly-revamped Bijou club on Saturday with a female pal. The 22-year-old Coronation Street actress opted for a white high neck top that she wore with a pair ...and more »...
- Classes teach secrets of floral arrangements - Albuquerque Journal5 July 2015, 2:12 am
Albuquerque JournalClasses teach secrets of floral arrangementsAlbuquerque JournalCut roses early in the day and place in cool water to preserve blooms. (Courtesy of Suzy Andrego). People who appreciate the power of flowers will find like minds at a weekend school of the Albuquerque Garden Club. The Flower Show School can help ...and more »...
- Pickers can have a 'berry' good time at Floral Acres - The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)5 July 2015, 12:03 am
The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)Pickers can have a 'berry' good time at Floral AcresThe Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)FRENCH CREEK — As many as 3,000 bushes of several blueberry varieties are growing on top of a hill in French Creek. Floral Acres owner Dinah Campi said she's been told her nursery of blueberries is one of the state's largest U-Pick berry operations....
- Kim Seers cheers on husband Andy Murray at Wimbledon in bold floral dress - Daily Mail4 July 2015, 5:52 pm
Daily MailKim Seers cheers on husband Andy Murray at Wimbledon in bold floral dressDaily MailKim Murray hoped to provide her husband Andy with a good luck charm as he faced Andreas Seppi in the third round of the 2015 Wimbledon Championships on Saturday. The newlywed proudly took up a pew alongside Team Murray in the players' box on ...and more »...
- Pixie Lott shows off her slender limbs in floral denim shorts and fringed top ... - Daily Mail4 July 2015, 7:47 am
Daily MailPixie Lott shows off her slender limbs in floral denim shorts and fringed top ...Daily MailOver the past few days, she has been busy working hard on her upcoming album. And Friday was no exception for Pixie Lott as she made her way to a recording studio in Los Angeles for yet another music session. The 24-year-old, who is dating model Oliver ...Pixie Lott shows off her slender limbs in floral denim shorts and fringed top ...South Carolina SC (press release) (blog)all 2 news articl...
- RILA Joins Chamber in Launch of Cybersecurity Leadership Council1 July 2015, 2:47 pm
Today, RILA announced a partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other leading trade associations in the launch of the Cybersecurity Leadership Council...
- Retailers React to DOL Overtime Proposal30 June 2015, 12:33 pm
RILA issued the following statement in response to proposed new federal overtime rules released today by the U.S. Department of Labor....
- Federal Reserve Governor Calls for “Chip-and-PIN” Technology29 June 2015, 8:50 am
The Federal Reserve, which is charged with maintaining the safety and soundness of our banking system is calling for new chip credit cards to be issued with accompanying PINs....
- RILA Welcomes Introduction of Port Metrics Bill25 June 2015, 12:35 pm
In a letter sent Wednesday, RILA applauded Senate Commerce, Science, & Transportation Committee Chairman John Thune for introducing legislation that would institute universal port performance standards....
- Retailers Urge Congress to Pivot to ACA Improvements25 June 2015, 10:04 am
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) issued the following statement in response to the Supreme Court of the United States’ ruling today upholding subsidies provided through the Affordable Care Act (ACA)....
- Arizona Food Marketing Alliance names honorees2 July 2015, 1:59 pm
The Arizona Food Marketing Alliance said it has named the recipients of the 2015 Excellence in Leadership Awards, which will be presented at a banquet scheduled for Oct. 16. read more...
- 7-Eleven launches delivery service2 July 2015, 1:02 pm
7-Eleven said Wednesday it plans to offer delivery service to customers in San Francisco and Oakland, Calif., with plans to expand to Austin, Chicago Los Angeles, New York and Washington D.C. later this year. read more...
- Gallery: Walmart's pickup artists2 July 2015, 12:00 pm
Wal-Mart Stores’ commitment to omnichannel was on full display during events at the retailer’s annual Shareholder Week in June in Arkansas. Here are some examples. read more...
- Kroger's 'ClickList' improving e-commerce efficiency: Analyst2 July 2015, 9:36 am
Kroger’s new click-and-collect offering, now going by the name of ClickList, is “off to a flying start” at pilot stores in Cincinnati, according to an analyst. read more...
- Albertsons sets eight openings, 115 remodels in 20151 July 2015, 7:37 pm
Albertsons said Wednesday it expects to open eight new and replacement stores and to remodel 115 existing stores by the end of the year. read more...
- SLV potato acreage down slightly but crop looks good3 July 2015, 7:00 pm
Like nearly every other crop region in Colorado, the San Luis Valley had more precipitation in May than it had in months, and Jim Ehrlich, executive director of the Colorado Potato Administrative Committee in Monte Vista, said this year’s crop is looking good. “In fact, we got more rain in May than we ever have,” Ehrlich said. “The river is very high, and it’s been God’s blessing that the moisture came. As a result, the crop started out a little late, but the potatoes have been doin...
- Southeastern Grocers to donate all profits on Fourth of July to Wounded Warrior Project3 July 2015, 9:00 am
Southeastern Grocers, parent company of BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, announced that on Saturday, July 4, all profits generated at its grocery stores will be donated in support of Wounded Warrior Project’s Independence Program. The Independence Program is designed to help warriors who need to rely on their families and friends for support due to injuries they have suffered, such as brain injury, spinal-cord injury or other neurological conditions. Individualized plans are creat...
- US Foods re-launches company following failed merger2 July 2015, 7:00 pm
Following the termination of the merger agreement between US Foods and Sysco Corp., US Foods has launched its “Just Taking Off” campaign, which it said officially marks the beginning of the company’s re-launch as an even stronger force in the foodservice industry. “Throughout the unique environment of the past 18 months, we’ve continued to serve our customers by never forgetting what we’re about: delivering great food, cultivating talented food people and making it easy for ou...
- European retail giant's U.S. entry taking shape2 July 2015, 1:50 pm
Lidl, which operates nearly 10,000 stores throughout Europe, is pushing forward with its plans to expand into the United States. The company will open a new regional headquarters and distribution center in North Carolina's Alamance County. It plans to invest more than $125 million in the project over the next three years. Last month Lidl announced that its U.S. corporate headquarters would be located in Virginia. It also named Brendan Proctor president and chief executive officer for the co...
- Fresh From the Start set to kick off Maine broccoli deal2 July 2015, 1:00 pm
When Fresh From the Start kicks off its annual Maine broccoli deal in mid-July, it marks the culmination of a full year of dedication and hard work. “Our Maine broccoli program is a full-year investment, not just the summer months,” said Eric Scannelli, senior vice president of sales and marketing at the Riverhead, NY-based company, which operates as a division of Hapco Farms. “We are involved from the initial seed process all the way to the packaging and shipping process. When our custom...
- Blooming Breeders
- Dutch Association for the Plant Reproduction Material Sector
- Flower Trials
- International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties
- International Plant Propagator’s Society
- International Seed Federation
Florist and Florist Design
- American Institute of Floral Design
- British Florist Association
- Florist Chronicles
- Michigan Floral Association
- Society of American Florists
- Floral Business Magazine
- Florist Review Magazine
- Fresh Produce and Floral Council (FPFC)
- New England Produce Council (NEPC)
- Product News-Floral Marketing
- Super Floral Retailing Magazine
Plants & Horticulture
- All-America Selections (AAS)
- American Horticulture Society (AHS)
- American Nursery and Landscape Association (ANLA)
- American Orchid Society (AOS)
- Association of Horticulture Professionals (OFA)
- Association Internationale des Producteurs de l’Horticulture
- Commercialization of Flowers and Plants in Brazil
- Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Garden Center Magazine
- Greenhouse Grower Magazine
- Green Profit Magazine
- Kid’s Gardening
- National Christmas Tree Association
- National Gardening Association (NGA)
- Perennial Plant Association (PPA)
- Plantscape Industry Alliance (PIA)
- Royal Horticulture Club
- Southern Nursery Association, Inc (SNA)
- Association of Dutch Orchid Producers
- Association of Specialty Cut Flowers Growers
- Belbex Trade Association of Exporting Tree and Hardy Nursery Stock Growers
- International Commercial Orchid Growers Organisation
- International Protea Association
- Italian Board for Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Italy’s National Association for Nurserystock Exporters
- New Zealand Calla Council
- New Zealand Export Growers Orchid Association
- North American Flower Bulbs Wholesalers Association
- Orchid Growers of Hawaii
- Royal Dutch trade association for Nursery Stock and Flower Bulbs
- Royal General Association of the Dutch Bulb Industry
- Taiwan Orchid Grower Association
- Wildflowers Australia, Ltd
- Food Marketing Institute (FMI)
- National Grocers Association (NGA)
- National Retail Federation (NRF)
- Trend Hunter
- Retail Round-Up
- Antalya Cut Flower Exporters Union
- American Floral Endowment
- Brazilian Institute for Floriculture
- Canaries Export Organization for flowers and plants
- Commercial Horticultural Association in the UK
- Dutch Board for Flower Wholesalers
- Flora Hungaria
- Flower Import Trade Association of the UK
- Flowers Victoria
- German Wholesale and Import Organization
- Guatemalan Exporters Association
- International Garden Centre Association
- International Organization of Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Jordanian Association for Cut Flowers and Ornamental Plants
- OFA-Association of Floriculture Professionals
- Pantone Trend Forecasting
- PMA(Produce Marketing Association)
- Protected Cropping Australia
- Report Linker for Floral
- Union of Flower Growers and Florists of the Czech Republic
- Wholesale Florist and Florist Supplier Association (WF & FSA)