Roast turkey, candied yams, giant balloons and American football – what is Thanksgiving Day really all about? When is Thanksgiving Day 2015? On ...
Frankfurt, Germany — Christmasworld is the leading Christmas trade show, taking place annually in the German city of Frankfurt. This year’...
Good news for holiday retail! Personal income growth may be stubbornly flat, but consumers are enthusiastic about the upcoming shopping season. Our 30...
Vijfhuizen, Friday October 30. Five days before IFTF 2015 will open its doors, the International Floriculture Trade Fair is being built up almost arou...
The USDA has released its Floriculture Crops Summary for 2014. The full report, including data on production value, number of producers, amount of are...
The American Floral Endowment has established the Yoshimi and Grace Shibata Family Fund, honoring the late Yoshimi “Shimi” Shibata and his...
Display your poinsettias as cut flowers for a new twist on an old favorite. Stacked Poinsettias. Poinsettias are great cut flowers. Stacking two pedes...
Fun Facts About Poinsettias Anyone who likes trivia, or at least likes the top-selling plant in the Christmas season, may be interested in fun facts a...
Join the industry at TPIE 2016! January 20-22, 2016 at Broward County Convention Center; Fort Lauderdale, Florida The Tropical Plant Industry Exhibiti...
By: Katie Douthwaite Wolf Trash-talking friends, free-flowing gossip, popularity contests, and exclusive cliques. Sound like high school? Probably. Bu...
Daily News Feed
- Colombia stands against violence, but women still at risk25 November 2015, 3:07 pm
On a day for speaking out against violence toward women, significant threats still remain for Colombia's female population. The article Colombia stands against violence, but women still at risk appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Reclaiming past and future in Colombia’s Amazon24 November 2015, 9:39 am
A document drafted by 500 indigenous groups in Colombia's Caquetá department demands a role in policy decision-making. The article Reclaiming past and future in Colombia’s Amazon appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Magic realism and your Colombia story23 November 2015, 3:35 pm
To understand Colombia, you have to live it. From colonial Cartagena to the valleys of the Eje Cafetero, Colombia is magic realism. The article Magic realism and your Colombia story appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Colombia cracks down on Uber, creates luxury taxis23 November 2015, 3:33 pm
Uber faces tough new restrictions in Colombia after the national Ministry of Transportation released new rules on "luxury transportation" services on Monday. The article Colombia cracks down on Uber, creates luxury taxis appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- For Colombia’s indigenous peoples, ‘invasion’ never ended22 November 2015, 8:28 am
Seeking to heal the "Heart of the World" from the lingering impact of Columbus' invasion, indigenous communities closed Tayrona National Park for November. The article For Colombia’s indigenous peoples, ‘invasion’ never ended appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Flower Power Blooms in the Lab24 November 2015, 12:00 am
Scientists have managed to merge electronics and plant parts into an usual transistor....
- Ask Well: Do Indoor Plants Improve Our Health?20 November 2015, 5:45 am
Flowers and plants in the home may have benefits for mind and body, some small studies suggest....
- Wary of Mainstream Medicine, Immigrants Seek Remedies From Home15 November 2015, 12:00 am
Emporiums of plant-based medicines offer products for what ails the mind, body and soul, even though scientific studies about their efficacy are inconclusive....
- One Bouquet of Fleeting Beauty, Please15 November 2015, 12:00 am
A former florist shares lessons learned from work and a loss of her own....
- Scientists Engineer a Plant to Reject Its Own Pollen10 November 2015, 12:00 am
Preventing self-pollination may strengthen genetic diversity and provide better yields, researchers suggest....
- Pregnant Chrissy Teigen Shows Off Her Long Legs in a Floral Mini: Plus, Get ... - Us Weekly25 November 2015, 2:58 pm
Us WeeklyPregnant Chrissy Teigen Shows Off Her Long Legs in a Floral Mini: Plus, Get ...Us WeeklyThe FABLife co-host, 29, who's expecting her first child with husband John Legend, worked the heck out of a high-collared floral minidress. She teamed the piece with a camel coat — one of the must-haves of the season — a black purse, and suede ankle ...Chrissy Teigen Shows Off Her Lil' Baby Bump In Floral MinidressX17 OnlinePregnant Chrissy Teigen clutches growing baby bump in printe...
- Jaime King adds to her tattoo collection with new floral inking on her arm - Daily Mail25 November 2015, 1:17 pm
Daily MailJaime King adds to her tattoo collection with new floral inking on her armDaily MailThe 36-year-old beauty visited a tattoo artist on Tuesday for her newest addition - a thorny rose on the back of her arm. The actress took to Instagram to share a snap of the new inking and wrote: 'A beautiful rose for my babies by @dr_woo_ssc'. Scroll ...and more »...
- Clarkson: Hinsdale floral design lessons fascinating even for non-creative types - Chicago Tribune25 November 2015, 11:02 am
Chicago TribuneClarkson: Hinsdale floral design lessons fascinating even for non-creative typesChicago TribuneSkaff is a floral designer of national and international renown, who has designed for three different presidents, numerous big-name corporate clients such as Tiffany & Co. and Vera Wang, and events such as presidential inaugurations and the Academy ......
- Chrissy Teigen Shows Off Her Chic Maternity Style in a Flirty Floral Dress - InStyle25 November 2015, 10:37 am
InStyleChrissy Teigen Shows Off Her Chic Maternity Style in a Flirty Floral DressInStyleFor a shopping trip with her mom, the model-turned-food blogger donned a floral-print minidress that featured a sweet bow tied at the neck. She topped off her ensemble with a sleek camel coat, suede booties, oversize sunnies, a black fringe bag, and a ......
- SheIn Sparkly Floral Dress: The New Modern Essential - PR Newswire (press release)25 November 2015, 10:21 am
SheIn Sparkly Floral Dress: The New Modern EssentialPR Newswire (press release)NANJING, China, Nov. 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Wanna have a dress that will not bring the blues to the fitting room? Now meet every girl's wardrobe essential - the floral print dress from SheIn. SheIn leads the floral dress trends in a variety of floral ......
- Retailers Urge Full 9th Circuit to Reconsider Erroneous Arbitration Decision24 November 2015, 12:43 pm
Retailers filee an amicus brief to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in California in the case Sakkab v. Luxottica Retail North America, Inc....
- Retailers Welcome IRS Store Repairs Safe Harbor Rule19 November 2015, 1:43 pm
RILA today welcomed a safe harbor rule from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding the deduction and capitalization of expenditures related to store remodels, repairs, and refreshes....
- Retailers Back Plan to Allow Twin 33 Truck Trailers18 November 2015, 11:19 am
In a letter to the U.S. Senate, retailers urged lawmakers to keep language authorizing twin 33s to operate on America’s highway system....
- Retailers Applaud State AGs Push for Banks to Issue Chip and PIN Cards16 November 2015, 12:52 pm
RILA issued the following statement after nine state attorneys general sent a letter to the CEOs of America's largest banks and card networks urging the adoption of chip and PIN technology in the US....
- Retailers React to Release of Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Text5 November 2015, 1:14 pm
RILA issued the following statement in response to the release of the complete Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement by Ambassador Michael Froman....
- Judge approves sale of 47 Haggen stores; 33 to Albertsons25 November 2015, 11:33 am
A federal bankruptcy court on Tuesday approved the sale of 33 Haggen stores to Albertsons LLC, returning the units to the entity that sold them just under a year ago. read more...
- Hy-Vee, Costco say no to GE salmon25 November 2015, 10:47 am
In the wake of the FDA’s approval of genetically engineered salmon last week, Costco and Hy-Vee have issued statements declaring they will not sell the fish. read more...
- Costco chicken salad linked to E. coli outbreak25 November 2015, 10:12 am
An outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing E. coli that has sickened 19 in seven states was likely caused by rotisserie chicken salad from Costco. read more...
- Albertsons gears up for IPO, again25 November 2015, 10:10 am
Albertsons Cos. filed an amended stock prospectus for an initial public offering late Tuesday, saying it hoped to raise between $1.5 billion to nearly $2 billion. read more...
- Clearance drives 3Q sales growth for Dollar Tree24 November 2015, 4:57 pm
A red-tag sale designed to empty Family Dollar stores of slow-moving and nonproductive items helped to drive higher quarterly revenues and speed an ongoing effort to clean up the acquired units while pressuring earnings, parent company Dollar Tree said Tuesday. read more...
- Western vegetable supplies remain tight, with no relief in sight25 November 2015, 12:50 pm
A week before Thanksgiving, vegetable grower-shipper giant Tanimura & Antle announced, “The West Coast is officially sold out for the weekend.” In the firm’s regular supply outlook newsletter, T&A wrote: “We knew it was going to be tough to meet Thanksgiving demand this season, but never in the history of our company have supplies been so limited. Typically, the week of Thanksgiving is slow on the demand side, but since not all orders were filled there may still be some bu...
- USDA restricts PACA violators in seven states25 November 2015, 10:43 am
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has imposed sanctions on seven produce businesses for failure to pay reparation awards issued under the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act. The USDA announced the PACA sanctions Nov. 24. The following businesses and individuals are currently restricted from operating in the produce industry: Hong Phat Produce Inc., operating out of Portland, OR, for failing to pay a $62,233 award in favor of a California seller. As of the issuance date of the rep...
- First lady joined by celebrities, new partners in support of #TeamFNV25 November 2015, 10:21 am
FNV, a cutting-edge brand focused on increasing consumption and sales of fruits and vegetables among teens and moms, on Nov. 20 brought together celebrities, companies, athletes and social media superstars at the Ted Constant Convocation Center on the Old Dominion University Campus in Norfolk, VA, for FNV Live, a one-of-a-kind celebration of fruits and veggies. The event featured live musical performances by Estelle, Jordin Sparks and Ashanti; stunts and challenges led by some of the natio...
- Stemilt takes the Windy City by storm at BlogHer Food 201525 November 2015, 9:00 am
Family-owned-and-operated Stemilt Growers hosted a special breakfast event Nov. 6 at the BlogHer Food annual food blogging conference. Stemilt’s breakfast event was attended by 25 top food bloggers who often feature fresh fruit on their blogs through recipe creation. During the private breakfast event, Merchandising Manager Jocelyn Gerard educated bloggers on Stemilt’s history, the company’s ongoing mission to grow world famous fruit and its four proprietary products: Fresh Blenders,...
- NatureSweet unveils limited-edition winter packaging24 November 2015, 7:00 pm
NatureSweet, a leading grower of branded premium tomatoes, has revealed its limited-edition seasonal packaging featuring a cheerful snowflake pattern and festive gold foil labels for Cherubs, Glorys and SunBursts products. The San Antonio, TX-based company’s greenhouse-growing practices enable tomatoes to be cultivated and hand picked year-round, ensuring premium freshness and consistently superior taste even in the winter months. All NatureSweet tomatoes start with using the best seeds. Fro...
- Blooming Breeders
- Dutch Association for the Plant Reproduction Material Sector
- Flower Trials
- International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties
- International Plant Propagator’s Society
- International Seed Federation
Florist and Florist Design
- American Institute of Floral Design
- British Florist Association
- Florist Chronicles
- Michigan Floral Association
- Society of American Florists
- Floral Business Magazine
- Florists’ Review Magazine
- Fresh Produce and Floral Council (FPFC)
- New England Produce Council (NEPC)
- Product News-Floral Marketing
- Super Floral Retailing Magazine
Plants & Horticulture
- All-America Selections (AAS)
- American Horticulture Society (AHS)
- American Nursery and Landscape Association (ANLA)
- American Orchid Society (AOS)
- Association of Horticulture Professionals (OFA)
- Association Internationale des Producteurs de l’Horticulture
- Commercialization of Flowers and Plants in Brazil
- Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Garden Center Magazine
- Greenhouse Grower Magazine
- Green Profit Magazine
- Kid’s Gardening
- National Christmas Tree Association
- National Gardening Association (NGA)
- Perennial Plant Association (PPA)
- Plantscape Industry Alliance (PIA)
- Royal Horticulture Club
- Southern Nursery Association, Inc (SNA)
- Association of Dutch Orchid Producers
- Association of Specialty Cut Flowers Growers
- Belbex Trade Association of Exporting Tree and Hardy Nursery Stock Growers
- International Commercial Orchid Growers Organisation
- International Protea Association
- Italian Board for Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Italy’s National Association for Nurserystock Exporters
- New Zealand Calla Council
- New Zealand Export Growers Orchid Association
- North American Flower Bulbs Wholesalers Association
- Orchid Growers of Hawaii
- Royal Dutch trade association for Nursery Stock and Flower Bulbs
- Royal General Association of the Dutch Bulb Industry
- Taiwan Orchid Grower Association
- Wildflowers Australia, Ltd
- Food Marketing Institute (FMI)
- National Grocers Association (NGA)
- National Retail Federation (NRF)
- Trend Hunter
- Retail Round-Up
- Antalya Cut Flower Exporters Union
- American Floral Endowment
- Brazilian Institute for Floriculture
- Canaries Export Organization for flowers and plants
- Commercial Horticultural Association in the UK
- Dutch Board for Flower Wholesalers
- Flora Hungaria
- Flower Import Trade Association of the UK
- Flowers Victoria
- German Wholesale and Import Organization
- Guatemalan Exporters Association
- International Garden Centre Association
- International Organization of Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Jordanian Association for Cut Flowers and Ornamental Plants
- OFA-Association of Floriculture Professionals
- Pantone Trend Forecasting
- PMA(Produce Marketing Association)
- Protected Cropping Australia
- Report Linker for Floral
- Union of Flower Growers and Florists of the Czech Republic
- Wholesale Florist and Florist Supplier Association (WF & FSA)